Financial Advisory Services
Balance Sheet Restructuring
- By collaboratively interacting with economic stakeholders, VRS routinely executes restructuring mandates that deleverage the balance sheet through a consensual out-of-court transaction.
- Consistent with its CRO mandates, VRS identifies the fulcrum security and structures a reorganization plan that maximizes value for that constituent, driving consensus with other stakeholders through thoughtful analysis of restructuring alternatives.
- In connection with formulating a restructuring plan, VRS performs “flash” and detailed valuation analyses, comparative liquidation analyses and develops the detailed bottom up 3 statement financial projections for the reorganized entity.
- Where an out-of-court transaction is not feasible, VRS negotiates plan support agreements, pre-negotiated and pre-packaged chapter 11 bankruptcy plans.
Asset Sales and Divestitures
- VRS tailors special situation sale processes to maximize asset value in an efficient manner while ensuring adequate exposure to the capital markets.
- VRS develops the market map, prepares marketing materials, coordinates diligence, negotiates letters of intent and definitive agreements and supports the company through the closing of the transaction and beyond.
- We routinely run §363 sale processes in chapter 11 bankruptcies as a financial advisor or CRO, exercising business judgment for the debtor as the estate fiduciary.
- VRS also advises value investors and strategic acquirors in structuring bids and negotiating the purchase of distressed assets, both out-of-court and in §363 asset sales.