Jeffrey T. Varsalone
- Jeff is the founder and Managing Director of VRS, with over 20 years of experience in distressed transactions, including restructuring, turnaround, workouts, going concern asset sales and representing various stakeholders and parties-in-interest in out of court restructurings and chapter 11 bankruptcies.
- Jeff routinely serves as a Chief Restructuring Officer, assists clients with liquidity solutions, assesses business plan viability, structures plans of reorganization and conducts recapitalization and asset sale processes. Jeff has prepared expert reports on the solvency and valuation of distressed businesses and has testified in U.S. Bankruptcy Courts on a variety of issues. His experience covers a wide range of industries including Consumer & Retail, Energy, Healthcare, Industrials & Manufacturing, Real Estate & Hospitality, Technology, Media & Business Services, and Transportation & Logistics..
- Prior to VRS, Jeff led the Crisis Management & Insolvency Services group at a boutique investment bank and restructuring firm. He also spent several years in leadership roles in the restructuring groups of three of the largest accounting and financial advisory firms in the U.S., as well as the special situations group of another investment bank. Jeff started his career in restructuring in New York City at a boutique law firm after earning his Juris Doctor from St. John’s University School of Law, where he served as an editor for the American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review.
- Jeff is an active member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, where he serves as the Northeast Regional Chair of the Development Committee for the ABI Endowment Fund and on the advisory board of the ABI Northeast Regional Conference. Jeff is also an active member of the Turnaround Management Association, the Commercial Finance Association and the Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors.
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law
- B.A., Boston College